Detailed Claim Instructions
- If your shipment is lost or has not arrived at the intended destination, contact the shipping carrier by filing a tracer and ask them to try to locate the missing shipment.
If your shipment is damaged please notify the carrier about damaged packages as soon as possible.
- Take proper exceptions on the delivery receipt when any loss or damage is apparent at the time of taking delivery.
- Complete a SHIPSURANCE claim form, and provide all required documents within sixty (60) calendar days from the date of shipment.
- If the shipment is sent via the United States Postal Service (USPS), complete claims must be submitted and received by SHIPSURANCE within one hundred and twenty (120) calendar days of the shipment date.
- If the shipment is sent via the United States Postal Service (USPS), and the claim is for loss the Insured must wait 21 calendar days (Domestic shipments) or 45 calendar days (International shipments) before filing claim with SHIPSURANCE.
- Attach the following to this form:
- Copy of the carrier's tracer/claim form with the claim number, tracking number, and other related information from the carrier.
- Copy of the carrier's settlement check and stub, if applicable. DO NOT WAIT FOR CARRIER CHECK TO FILE CLAIM WITH SHIPSURANCE.
- Copy of original invoice/receipt to/from the recipient.
- If the claim is for damage please describe the damage. If repairs are possible, include the cost of the repair from disinterested 3rd party. If repairs are NOT possible, include the salvage value.
- If the claim is for damage, photos and inspection may be required. Retain all packaging material and damaged goods in its original form as received. DO NOT FAX PHOTOGRAPHS.
- Shipments sent via the United States Postal Service (USPS): Claim statement/affidavit form signed by the recipient.
That's It! Remember, all documents can be submitted electronically.